Monday, September 29, 2008

The Family Curse

Migraines.

My Mom has suffered with Migraines for her entire life. They put her in bed for at least a day at a time. She can't look at the light, sounds ring in her head, nausea takes over. She has tried all kinds of meds, home remedies, chiropractic care, acupuncture, reflexology -- you name it. Nothing has ever really done the trick every time.

Last February, I experienced my first Migraine. I was in tears from the pain. and then the nausea kicked in. Wow. Since then I have had a couple more - one of them put me in the ER.

Now it looks like Joey has the same issue. He's so young, but his headaches seem to be so intense and all of the Migraine symptoms are there as well (sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, severe pain.)

Yet another thing for me to feel guilty about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know your kid, so I can't pull specific details... but certainly you gave him some of your FABULOUS traits too!!!!