Friday, July 25, 2008

I think I'm ready

to write about what has had me so preoccupied for so long. On Monday, I'm going in to Mary Greeley for a Laparoscopy. That is where they cut a small incision in my abdomen and insert a camera to look around and see why I've been in a tremendous amount of pain for so many months. What they are looking for is Endometriosis - which I fully believe they will find. The ultrasounds have showed some pretty blatant symptoms and I have a pretty strong family history for the condition.

The only way to get rid of it - and the pain - is to have a hysterectomy. The thought of surgery like that has has me a little freaked out. I would really like to have my life back, but the trade off is several days in the hospital and a pretty substantial recovery time. I know, small price to pay. I just can't get my mind out of the short term. Can the family get along without me for that long? How will the house stay kept up? How will the laundry get done? Will I end up doing too much too soon and making the recovery time even longer?

Aahh. I know, Jeff and the kids should help out. Well, honestly, lately Jeff has been so preoccupied with his own life - job hunt, band, etc. - he does NOTHING around here. I'm not going to write any more about Jeff right now because it makes me angry and stressed out. And as far as the kids...they do as much (or more) than the typical 10 and 6 year old do already. Taking care of their sick mother is way too much to ask.

Okay, enough. One of my big pet peeves is blogs that are a constant vent session. I will stop before it gets any worse! But I thought it was time to let my friends and family know what's been going on. I truly appreciate all of the well wishes and I'll keep you updated on my progress -- in a positive way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I hope they find a cure to make you feel better. You're in my thoughts :) *hugs*