Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trusting in God. Is it just a phrase?

I have put trust in God. Over the last few months there have been lots of conversations between God and I. We've been pretty tight. I truly feel that God has guided me to some of the best decisions I've made for my marriage, my children and my career. And God has graced us all with the power of free will. I make choices and decisions for myself and my family everyday. And while I usually don't ask for God's guidance while choosing which brand of fabric softener to use, I do like to Pray for guidance on the larger decisions.

Something that I have seen more and more is people using their free will to make decisions that are immoral, unethical and just bad, and then claim that God is their guide. I've heard so many times, "God will see me through this. I trust in Him." Okay, I believe that He will, too. But I think the real question is, was God a part of the decision that you made to create the situation that you are in?

What if the result of your unethical decision is injury or monetary loss for others? Say, a drunk driving accident that you caused. If you were truly asking God for guidance, would He lead you to deny responsibility, or to stand up and do your best to make things right?

It's just something that's been on my mind lately.

No comments: